Monday, June 20, 2011

"But conservative values are bad..."

I am drawn to US political coverage like a moth to a flame.  I know reading about it will hurt, I know that the most liberal positions on display make conservatives in New Zealand (and even some of the centrists in Australia) seem liberal by comparison, and I know that the rhetoric will make me angry.  But still I click through to see Rick Perry claim that the US needs to embrace conservative values like banning abortion and killing off the poor for the sake of corporate profit.  Then I get sad at the state of the US system.

I also wonder, quite often, why countries like New Zealand don't offer huge numbers of immigration spots to liberal young USians fleeing the wreckage of their crumbling society.  It could help out a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment